Macomb Beautiful Association
Associations & Organizations
MBA strives to improve the beauty and livability of the Macomb area, focusing on public & private cooperative efforts to improve community open spaces.
A Brief History of MBA
Our non-profit organization was established in 1972 with strong support from the City of Macomb administration.
We are governed by a set of By- Laws and obtained federal tax-exempt status under IRS code as a 501 (c) (3)
corporation in 2004. Officers are elected each November for: president, 1st and 2nd vice president, secretary and
The purpose of MBA is to improve the beauty and livability of the Macomb area. Attention is focused on public
and private cooperative efforts to improve community recreational and other open spaces. The Associa- tion
does the following:
* Encourages good landscape design
* Stimulates appreciation of aesthetic values in the community envi- ronment
* Promotes studies of environmental improvementprojects
* Grants financial support for the above projects with funds provided by dues, gifts, grants, and other
* Creates opportunities for general public participation in these pro- jects
* Supports preservation of historical areas and other beautification projects in the Macomb area
MBA meets for an hour and a half seven times a year – March through June, and September through November
– on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Meetings are held at noon at the Old Dairy restaurant. A typical meeting
includes lunch and a speaker followed by a business meeting. Speakers are selected for their expertise on a
particular topic of interest to the membership.