We impact people's lives daily by putting state of the art technology into their hands!!!
Our employees are provided with a benefit package that compliments many aspects of an employee's needs and wants. From competitive health insurance with reasonable premiums to a 10% retirement match to 21 PTO days and 8 holidays a year, MTC knows the importance of these benefits to employees.
This position serves as one of the primary points of contact for all things related to customer billing system, including system design and maintenance, data extraction and analysis, and regulatory reporting. The position also provides cross coverage on key billing and regulatory duties. In addition, the positions assists and educates customers regarding company’s products/services and billing inquiries, and assists in establishing new and modified processes for staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as a data expert for all tables within the SiS system, spending substantial time manipulating, extracting, and modifying various database tables, as well as related database queries and reports. Establishes efficient processes, profiles, C&C codes, tax setup, and workflows for new products and services. Workflows will dictate the flow from order through plant to customer connection.
- Serves as the company-wide expert on the FCC Broadband Data Collection (BDC) and facilitates all system changes related to the BDC, including tracking of locations, comparing of locations, validation of locations, and challenging of locations.
- Coordinates and creates data pulls using basic SQL and query building skills from complex data tables. Datal pulls will be used for a variety of sources, including management analysis, statistical tracking, regulatory reporting, and billing.
- Manipulates and compares data using advanced Excel techniques.
- Documents workflow of system processes and procedures.
- Serves as a backup on membership allocations, including payouts of capital credits, estate retirements, and discounting.
- Serves as the backup for various customer processes, including, but not limited to, number porting, forfeited capital credits, customer delinquency and collections, and payout of estate and credit refunds.
- Serves as a backup and completes various regulatory filings at the request and oversight of the Director of Regulatory Affairs.
- Serves as the backup for monthly EAS and EC-1050 reporting and other regulatory filings, as requested by the Director of Regulatory Affairs.
- Assists in developing processes and policies for handling new regulatory programs affecting products and service offerings.
- Assists in researching, interpreting, and overseeing new regulatory reporting requirements specific to our industry.
- Serves as the backup for 911 reporting, CNAM database reporting, 800 # assignment, and customer price comparison processes.
- Works closely with the Billing Supervisor to establish best-practices for system design and implementation.
- Serves as the backup for USAC ACP, lifeline, eRate, and Healthcare claims reimbursements process and related regulatory filings.
- Coordinates updates of ARC, CBOL, FUSC, and all other regulatory tax changes.
- Provides reports annually to financial auditors and pulls, as requested by the Director of Regulatory Affairs.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory, industry, and technological developments.
- Prepares and submits required reports and forms to regulatory agencies and Executive staff, as requested.
- Serves as the backup for the customer billing process, including all related functions to process changes.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge and skills usually acquired through an Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
- Three years of progressive experience in a business office setting.
- Knowledge of company rates, procedures, and service offerings and requirements for telephone utility reporting.
- Basic understanding of rural telephone terminology, subscriber/community concerns, and changes in regulation and the marketplace.
- Computer literacy including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Skills, Abilities, Qualifications or Expectations:
- Requires a high level of attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Accurately perform accounting functions, including analysis, reporting, and research.
- Ability to maintain confidential company and customer data.
- Ability to create workflow design and changes that are effective, efficient, and relevant.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and data extraction skills.
Education: Associates Degree