Regulatory Affairs Manager
We impact people's lives daily by putting state of the art technology into their hands!!!
Our employees are provided with a benefit package that compliments many aspects of an employee's needs and wants. From competitive health insurance with reasonable premiums to a 10% retirement match to 21 PTO days and 8 holidays a year, MTC knows the importance of these benefits to employees.
This position serves as a primary point of contact for all things related to customer reporting and accounting, including system design and maintenance, data extraction and analysis, and regulatory reporting. The position also provides cross coverage on key financial accounting duties. In addition, the position assists and educates customers regarding company’s products/services and billing inquiries and establishes new and modified processes for staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the data expert for all tables within the SiS system, spending substantial time manipulating, extracting, and modifying various database tables, as well as related database queries and reports. Establishes efficient processes, profiles, C&C codes, tax setup, and workflows for new products and services. Workflows will dictate the flow from order through plant to customer connection.
- Oversees cleanup of system data to ensure accuracy, integrity, and uniformity. This includes several monthly cleanup reports affecting regulatory reporting.
- Oversees education and analysis of company impact on all new regulatory items imposed by the Federal Communication Commission, Illinois Commerce Commission, Digital Millenium Copyright Act, Universal Service Administrative Co., Internal Revenue Service, Illinois Compiled Statutes, Iowa and Illinois taxing authorities, National Exchange Carrier Association, and all other state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates data pulls for monthly membership data for annual meetings, monthly customer counts, NECA, and monthly board statistics.
- Coordinates membership allocations, including payouts of capital credits and discounting.
- Complete monthly reconciliations Lifeline, ACP, RHC, CABs, and various taxes, as well as switched Access Revenue.
- Oversee monthly traffic study reporting relating to MOU for VoIP and FCC 477 analysis, as well as related FUSC tax updates from results annually.
- Perform analysis of LD billing rates to ensure fees are appropriate and ensure billing processes are compliance with Tariff filings.
- Guide procedures and policies for billing to align with best practices.
- Serves as the backup for customer number porting and forfeited capital credit process.
- Oversees daily reporting requirements on Digital Millenium Copyright Infringements.
- Serves as a backup for customer delinquency and collection process and review estate and credit refunds.
- Oversees monthly EAS reporting, NECA EC1050 filing, and Reassigned Number Database reporting.
- Oversees FCC mandated Performance Measurement Module speed & latency testing.
- Oversees monthly reporting of customer counts for various agencies and management.
- Oversees compliances of FCC Broadband Nutrition Label and FCC PSAP Notification Requirements.
- Completes the following regulatory filings: NANPA CIC, SA-2, FCC 499’s. FCC 502, FCC 507, FCC 508/509, CAF ICC filing.
- Completes data extract and input for regulatory filings: NECA settlements, FCC 477, FCC 481, IRBA Annual Report, FCC Supply Chain Reporting, Broadband Data Collection, Reassigned Numbers Database Filings, Robocall FCC Filings, ICC Security Policy Affidavit, CPNI filing, IRBA Data Collection, NPAC ACQ and RAD Annual Certification.
- Provide onboarding training for new hires on CPNI, PCI Compliance, and Identify Theft Training.
- Oversee Carrier Access billing (full process) – CABS
- Maintains CELEA policy and facilitates reporting any policy changes to the FCC.
- Develops processes and policies for handling new regulatory programs affecting products and service offerings.
- Completes monthly, quarterly, and annual processes for eRate, RHC, Lifeline, ACP Program, and other government sponsored programs, including ACP Transparency Data Collection.
- Provides company-wide training on: PCI Compliance, CPNI, and Sexual Harassment.
- Serves on the Cyber Incident Response Team and collaborates with the CFO on policy and cyber program training.
- Provides data pulling support for the CFO, as needed.
- Pulls data for annual Toll Cost Study and backs up monthly settlement process.
- Research, interpret, and oversee new regulatory reporting requirements specific to our industry.
- Oversees 911 reporting, CNAM database reporting, 800 # assignment, and customer price comparison processes.
- Oversees Illinois Telecom relay monthly report and Illinois Comptroller payment remittance process.
- Completes FCC Traced Act Reporting.
- Establish Trading Partner Participation (TPP) Agreements with participating companies.
- Establishes policies and business practices for reporting systems and effectively communicates changes to CSRs.
- Oversees USAC lifeline, eRate, and Healthcare claims reimbursements process and related regulatory filings.
- Coordinates updates of ARC, CBOL, FUSC, and all other regulatory tax changes impacting customer billing.
- Interprets and provides regulatory guidance on new programs, as directed by the CFO.
- Provides reports annually to financial auditors.
- Completes reporting for FCC Broadband Data Collection, including system cleanup.
- Oversee regulatory reporting requirements of grants, including but not limited to RDOF and Reconnect
- Works with accounting on completed the ICC 23A Annual, as well as 13 AR filings.
- Takes on new regulatory filings, as mandated.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory, industry, and technological developments.
- Prepares and submits required reports and forms to regulatory agencies and Executive staff.
- Serves as the backup for the customer billing process, including all related functions to process changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, Compliance, or other field with regulatory experience. A minimum equivalent experience of 3 years working in regulatory reporting role will be considered.
- Knowledge of company rates, procedures, service offerings and requirements for telephone utility reporting preferred.
- Basic understanding of rural telephone terminology, subscriber/community concerns, and changes in regulations and the marketplace.
- Computer literacy including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Skills, Abilities, Qualifications or Expectations:
- Requires a high level of attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to manipulate and extract data from complex systems.
- Accurately perform accounting functions, including analysis, reporting, and research.
- Ability to maintain confidential company and customer data.
- Ability to create workflow design and changes that are effective, efficient, and relevant.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
Education: Bachelors Degree