We impact people's lives daily by putting state of the art technology into their hands!!! The IT Specialist ensures the continuity of computer systems by providing technical expertise and assistance to internal and external users, installing and maintaining computer hardware and software, and resolving technical issues.
Our employees are provided with a benefit package that compliments many aspects of an employee's needs and wants. From competitive health insurance with reasonable premiums to a 10% retirement match to 21 PTO days and 8 holidays a year, MTC knows the importance of these benefits to employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure internal computer systems operate efficiently and with minimal downtime.
- Research software and hardware products and present recommendations to the Executive team.
- Install and maintain hardware and software. Procure required licenses.
- Repair hardware when needed and oversee the work of vendors or contractors.
- Monitor and evaluate technical resources and performance. Direct the implementation of necessary changes.
- Ensure all internal and externally managed systems are secure and properly backed up.
- Monitor network traffic and make necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Assist users with technical questions or problems. Ensure users understand proper procedures and security measures.
- Setup and maintain telco and customer PC’s, IT infrastructure, and peripheral equipment.
- Comply with all company policies.
- Provide Network Design guidance and consulting for internal and customer networks.
- Configure, maintain, and install Digital/VoIP phone systems and IP Camera systems.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge and skills usually acquired through a bachelor’s degree in IT or closely related field preferred.
- One year equivalent work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of developing and implementing strategies for managing security, privileges, and authentication for user groups.
- Working knowledge of design, implementation, and maintenance of LAN/WAN networks.
- Knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of network routing and switch configurations.
- Experience in system administration, including maintenance, workstation support, Internet connectivity, security services, and load monitoring,
- Experience in hardware provisioning, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of VMware, Backup solutions, and storage.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Wireless solutions.
Skills, Abilities, Qualifications or Expectations:
- Ability to communicate technical information in non-technical terms.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and determine the best solution accurately and in a timely manner.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills. Prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks.
- Available to work after hours and weekends as required. On-call rotation required.
- Ability to maintain confidential company, customer, and employee data.
- Must hold a valid drivers license and be able to drive in all weather conditions.
Education: Bachelors Degree