Business/Technical Analyst I
Job Title: Business/Technical Analyst I
Status / FLSA Status: FT / Exempt
Classification: Professional Support Exempt
Department: Information Systems
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Location: Canton Campus
Date Updated: July 2022
Salary Range: $45,000.00 to $49,000.00 Annually
The Business / Technical Analyst I assists with defining the system requirements for new initiatives and developing and implementing appropriate business and technical solutions that are aligned with the college, departments’ and Information Technology (IT) strategic plans.
1. Communicates technical information to a non-technical audience. Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience. Ability to maintain good working relations.
2. Analyzes, designs, tests, documents and implements data solutions to align them with the college’s business needs with an understanding of the configuration and/or programming requirements or implications.
3. Effectively coordinates, consults, and plans courses of work with Programmer Analyst, DBMS Programmer and Chief Information Officer for those tasks or projects that require system modifications or enhancements.
4. Coordinates with multiple departments to ensure that the Jenzabar CX system can gather and process data necessary to support the college’s needs.
5. Leads or directs in identifying, designing and documenting appropriate customer-driven solutions by defining, creating, evaluating and selecting or recommending appropriate alternatives.
6. Performs root cause analysis of issues to ensure that the issue and not just its symptom(s) are resolved.
7. Uses established methods, techniques and tools to document and maintain all deliverables created in accordance with department policies.
8. Liaison duties with management, Synergy Team and users in role of ongoing process / system development and maintenance support.
9. Works on complex problems and provides solutions that are innovative and more sophisticated in nature, achieving quality and work / process improvements.
10. Assists with reviewing Standard Operating Procedures order to verify they are up-to-date and accurate.
11. Works with multiple departments in order to process and troubleshoot Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) reporting.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. An associate degree and at least three years relevant experience supporting educational administrative systems or ERP system is required. A Bachelor’s degree in IT related field is preferred.
2. Knowledge and skills related to analyzing technology problems is preferred.
3. Knowledge and skills related to software installation and troubleshooting is preferred.
4. Personal computer experience with current operating systems and Microsoft Office software use is required.
5. Experience with Microsoft applications and personal computer skills are required with the ability to learn the Spoon River College information system and new programs as technology changes.
6. Must possess a high level of confidentiality and accuracy. Must possess the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities; deal with conflict appropriately; withstand pressure, and remain calm in tense situations. Must possess problem solving skills; flexibility, dependability, and responsibility. Must possess the ability to work in a team centered environment and demonstrate a positive attitude.
7. Must possess organizational abilities, superior interpersonal skills and client service skills, and verbal and written communication skills with the ability to speak before groups.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Physical demands for this position include the ability to regularly sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. This position requires limited standing, walking, reaching, stooping / kneeling. Vision requirements for this position include close vision including the ability to view text from a computer monitor.
Work environment for this position includes typical office environment with no extremes in temperature, noise, and limited physical risk.
Education: Associates Degree