Director Rushville Center
Job Title: Director, Rushville Center
Status / FLSA Status: FT / Exempt
Classification: Professional Support Exempt
Department: Community Outreach
Reports To: Director, Community Outreach
Location: Rushville Center
Date Reviewed: March 2021
Latest Update: March 2021
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director of the Rushville Center coordinates, supervises, and evaluates credit and non-credit instructional programs, business operations, support services, and facility management at the Rushville Center.
- Initiates and implements each semester’s schedule of credit classes in coordination with Division Chairs and Academic Dean.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, orientation and coordination of instructors for the Rushville Center.
- Identifies Rushville area community educational needs and collaborates with the appropriate department to provide classes and activities accordingly.
- Identifies Rushville area economic development/business and industry needs and collaborates with the appropriate department to provide services accordingly.
- Collaborates with the Director of Community Outreach to schedule and facilitate community outreach and economic development classes and activities at the Rushville Center as outlined in the College’s strategic plan and the department’s annual operational plan.
8. Provides advisement and consultation for planning student goal attainment, scheduling, course selection for students, college transfer information, enrollment assistance, probation, and other functions of general advising.
9. Assists with student success and retention initiatives.
10.Assists with the coordination, scheduling, and proctoring of assessment testing.
11. Assists with prospective student Spoon River College visits and tours.
13. Assists INS Designated School Official.
12. Manages all logistical arrangements for classes, activities, and maximum usage at the Rushville Center. Reports major maintenance issues to the Vice President.
15. Monitors the site’s instructional and operating budgets and financial transactions.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned employees.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to college policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises the Rushville Campus Assistant, student employees, and other assigned employees.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Master’s Degree in educational administration or management or a Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a minimum of five years of related experience is required.
- Work experience in an educational setting, preferably higher education is required.
- The ability to assume responsibilities and work independently with a minimum of supervision is required.
- Residency within the Spoon River College district is a favorable factor in consideration for employment.
- Excellent management and leadership skills are required. Successful college teaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving students.
- Demonstrated expertise in the teaching and learning process.
- Must possess organizational abilities and superior interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage, lead and influence diverse dynamic student population and staff is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret rules, policies, procedures, manuals, or regulations. Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups such as supervisors, clients, peers, or the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities; deal with conflict appropriately; withstand pressure and remain calm in tense situations, accurate; flexible; dependable; responsible; promotes teamwork; demonstrates a positive attitude is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands for this position include the ability to regularly sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. This position requires limited standing, walking, reaching, stooping / kneeling. Vision requirements for this position include close vision including the ability to view text from a computer monitor. This position requires some driving, the majority of which is within the College district.
Work environment for this position includes typical office environment with no extremes in temperature, noise, and limited physical risk.
Education: Bachelors Degree,Masters Degree