Fiber Internet Installation & Repair Technician
We impact people's lives daily by putting state of the art technology into their hands!!! The primary purpose of the role is to install, maintain, test, and repair communications and fiber optic transmission equipment related to the company’s various products and services. In addition, this position places, locates, and maintains underground cable wire facilities.
Our employees are provided with a benefit package that compliments many aspects of an employee's needs and wants. From competitive health insurance with reasonable premiums to a 10% retirement match to 21 PTO days and 8 holidays a year, MTC knows the importance of these benefits to employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and install equipment in a timely and accurate manner; recommend additional products and services to customers.
- Make all types of telephone installations including identifying correct cable pair in pedestal or on terminal block; installing and properly grounding drop, inside wiring, and station protector; and installing wall telephones with concealed wiring, plugs, jacks, and etc.
- Locate and repair trouble in equipment installations. Repair or replace faults.
- Perform route maintenance functions as assigned.
- Install and maintain equipment for data services, such as internet.
- Maintain company vehicle in good working condition, clean, and adequately stocked at all times.
- Locate and mark underground cable facilities.
- Comply with all industry standards, safety rules and regulations, and company policies.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge and skills equivalent of those acquired through an associate’s degree in the telecommunications field or certifications in electronics or telecommunications.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies.
- One year related experience, technology specific.
- Proficient computer skills to include record-keeping, word processing, spreadsheets, Google Earth and GIS mapping.
- Ability to read and interpret existing NISC/ESRI facility maps.
Skills, Abilities, Qualifications or Expectations:
- Must be able to respond to on-call or emergency maintenance situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to interpret and problem solve on short notice
- Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Detailed orientated, requiring a high-quality of accuracy.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative, ability to work independently with limited supervision